Monday, October 17, 2011

Bon Appetit

Those of you that know me well, know that I love to eat and that I love to cook. How I only weigh 115 pounds still remains a mystery to me and to those that have witnessed me eat. Though I am just an amateur cook, cooking is still an activity that I enjoy and do often. It has also been a shared passion in many of my previous relationships and I often date men that have an interest in cooking.

Chris is 26 and is a beer manager at a local beer and cigar store. I viewed his profile on Okcupid and became very interested (and intimidated) when I read that he had worked as a chef. Our IM dialogue went well, so we exchanged numbers and decided to meet in person.

We agreed to get drinks and as a beer connoisseur, I thought it was only appropriate for Chris to pick the location. We met at the Library in the South Side and sat at a small table by the window. Chris is tall (which I love) and has a beard (which is my new found love) and had no problems engaging in a conversation.

For our second date we went to Dave and Busters for some friendly competition. I'm not a competitive person but it was obvious that I was better than him at air hockey after beating him twice and letting him win the third game. We soon realized that playing team video games would have a better outcome for the both of us.

After our second date Chris sent me a text messaging reading that he wanted our next date to have less distractions so we could talk about "where this is going." Where what is going? Chris never heard from me again.

-Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment